Senior Interior Designer – Pedestrian Jobs
AZBcreative is a dynamic multidisciplinary creative agency based in Surry Hills, Sydney. We work on a wide and stunning range of commercial interior projects locally and overseas and are currently looking for an enthusiastic SENIOR INTERIOR DESIGNER to join our small team on a contract basis.
You will have previous experience working with a small collaborative, creative and resourceful team. You are a team player who can lead a project and a team and manage timelines, budgets and client expectations. You have specialized experience in designing and delivering interior design and architectural projects.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Minimum 5 years experience in interior design.
- Demonstrate strong skills in overall concept design to design development
- Technical knowledge and ability to develop layout details and drive design through to documentation
- Commercial and/or residential experience
- Ability and trust in supplier relationships
- Familiar with Australian building regulations and standards
- InDesign and Photoshop skills
- REVIT skills not required but highly valued
The main responsibilities are:
- Collaborate with the Design Lead to define and maintain an on-brand project aesthetic appropriate to the market, neighborhood and program
- Collaborate with the project team to develop the layout(s).
- Collaborate with the Design Lead to ensure the design intent of the project adheres to AZB brand standards and best practices
- Collaborate with Design Lead on design concept/vibe and how to successfully implement from design phase to project execution
- Identify and select products and suppliers that meet brand standards.
- Work on the FF&E Sourcing and Logistics Manager to generate and manage FF&E project schedules and track FF&E supply chain (lead times, quantities, finishes)
- Substantial involvement during the documentation and pre-construction phase to convey design intent and finalize product and supplier selection
- Substantial involvement during staging and closeout stages to ensure design intent is maintained throughout project setup
Skills + Criteria:
- Experience working with architectural elevations and essential plans
- Able to easily multi-task and effectively prioritize workload
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and manage stakeholder expectations
- Resolve pricing issues, ability to research and engage alternative vendors
- Ability to collaborate and build ongoing relationships with prime contractors, sub-contractors and
- Articulate verbal and written communication skills
- Hands-on experience in high-end interior design for hospitality, residences, commercial and retail
- A commitment to providing exceptional service to a high-end clientele
- Reliable, focused and detail-oriented
- Autonomous with a high level of initiative and a positive attitude
- Open to feedback, with unlimited amounts of positive energy
- Very resourceful problem solver and quick learner
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively in a fast-paced environment
- Impeccable and concise communication and presentation skills, verbal and written
- Strong time management skills and experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Great ease working with project schedules (timelines, quantities, prices, SKUs, etc.)
- Proficiency in the following programs: MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Indesign, SKETCHUP, Photoshop
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD
This position starts on a 3 month contract basis with the possibility of becoming permanent thereafter.